The plugin insulator includes a variety of insulators that are made of resin and in which the network cable is connected through a knee cable. The connection inside their oil is also the same as persilin insulators.
At voltage levels below 1000V, plugin insulators are available. High voltage plugin insulators are available in distribution transformers in three voltage ranges 12, 24 and 36 KV.
Some of the benefits of plugin insulators include:
- Reducing required insulation distances
- No creepage gap in the air
- Reducing the possibility of breakage during transportation
- High safety for the user in terms of the possibility of electric shock
- Reducing the possibility of breakage during installation
- The possibility of reducing the dimensions of the transformer room